This is my first wiksten tank (please excuse the poor photo quality – I forgot to lower my ISO). It’s the first item of clothing I’ve made for myself and it was a bit of a disaster. I felt like I was attacking this fabric (from Anthology Fabric’s Maya collection by Leah Duncan) until it gave me a tank. I felt bad for abusing this beautiful print. But, as you can see, it doesn’t look too bad. The people that I saw while wearing it insisted that it looked store bought. It’s a beautiful pattern.
The difficult part was the neck and armhole binding. I couldn’t understand the directions and I guessed about what I was supposed to do. I guessed wrong! I’ve already made a second wiksten tank, which I will post about soon. I tried a new approach to the neck and armhole, but it’s still not right. Luckily, I’ve found some tutorials that I hope will solve the problem. So, the next attempt should be more of a success. I’m optimistic.