I know it’s spring. And spring is not usually the time to make and wear flannel dresses. Continue reading
The shape of this dress is so flattering. I made a bust adjustment following these directions. I added 1/4 inch to each side of the front and back pattern pieces.
The gathers in the front aren’t perfect. Attaching the corners of the inset to the front was the hardest part. One day, I won’t be so intimidated by those gathers!
This is my first wiksten tank (please excuse the poor photo quality – I forgot to lower my ISO). It’s the first item of clothing I’ve made for myself and it was a bit of a disaster. I felt like I was attacking this fabric (from Anthology Fabric’s Maya collection by Leah Duncan) until it gave me a tank. I felt bad for abusing this beautiful print. But, as you can see, it doesn’t look too bad. The people that I saw while wearing it insisted that it looked store bought. It’s a beautiful pattern.
The difficult part was the neck and armhole binding. I couldn’t understand the directions and I guessed about what I was supposed to do. I guessed wrong! I’ve already made a second wiksten tank, which I will post about soon. I tried a new approach to the neck and armhole, but it’s still not right. Luckily, I’ve found some tutorials that I hope will solve the problem. So, the next attempt should be more of a success. I’m optimistic.